It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

People search in project setting is not working

I am Jira admin, and project administrator too. 

Search in project setting > people is so bad, as i need to enter exact username which in most cases i dont know as we have so many users in system

secondly, no matter what i do its giving me 403 .... as i mentioned i am administrator 

and url its hitting at back end is something like 

https://company.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/groupuserpicker?showAvatar=true&avatarSize=small@3x&caseInsensitive=true&query=amc&excludeConnectAddons=true

2019-09-06_1-26-57.png

2019-09-06_1-31-31.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

It looks like you are on cloud, so no error log i guess

403 code means "unauthorised": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_403

So JIRA knows who you are but you are not allowed to see this. Even though you are a system admin that does not mean that you have access to everything, can you check the global permissions "Browse users and groups" and check that there are groups assigned to this permission and that you are assigned to one of these groups. 

It worked, thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

841 views 5 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you