Pdf attachments in emails are no longer generating through on the Jira ticket

Kelly Pattie September 25, 2019

We have recently had to do a reindex of our system and since then pdf files that are attached to an email (auto generating a ticket in Jira) will not attached the pdf file in the Jira ticket?

1 answer

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 26, 2019

Hi @Kelly Pattie ,

Can you please share a little more information and clarify this?

How are you generating PDFs? Are you using the app for that?
Are you looking to receive an email with a PDF attachment or (as the end of your question implies) you are looking to attach a PDF to a Jira ticket? Or both?

Kelly Pattie September 26, 2019

Hi 

When we receive an email (which auto generates a ticket in Jira) and the email has a pdf attached to it, the pdf does not pull through to the Jira ticket like it used to. 

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2019

Are you using an app for that? If yes, which one?

Kelly Pattie September 29, 2019

No app.

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
September 30, 2019

I'm not aware of a native Jira feature that can do this. As far as I know, it can only be done by apps like Enterprise Mail Handler for Jira or Email this Issue, but I might be wrong.

Suggest an answer