Patching JIRA CreateIssueHandler

Michael Lee August 21, 2012

Hi all, I am new to JIRA and need to modify the CreateIssueHandler so that it can accept e-mails that come in without a subject.

My issue is not modifying the CreateIssueHandler.java file, my problem is with the actual patching part.

I am trying to follow the steps in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/How+to+Make+a+JIRA+Patch

EDIT:

After I run mvn eclipse:eclipse

- Which project do I import?

- Okay, so I imported the jira-core project into eclipse

The problem I have now is that there are many errors such as

- The import com.atlassian.mail.MailUtils cannot be resolved among other similar errors

2 answers

0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Hi,

you need to update specific file for jira system.

1) Dont import all the jira into the eclipse.

2) if you have already developed plugin for the same version for e.g 4.3 or 4.4 you create package in that plugin.

3) package should be the same as the Package what we are using in the jira for that class

4) packages are nothing but the folder structure.

5) put your java file in that package edit make changes what you required.

6) atlas-run for plugin

7) you will find under target/classes/pkg/your.class

8) go to jira replace your class wich has the same name as the jira class.

9) Restart the server.

Regards,

Tousif shaikh.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

In Step 3, you need to download the whole source, not just a single java file!

But if you are looking to create a new handler, you don't need to patch JIRA. Have a look at this tutorial.

Michael Lee August 21, 2012

This only seems relevant for JIRA 5.0 , I have to make these modifications for JIRA 4.4

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Creating handler should work in 4.4 too. JEMH plugin has been there for a while and that uses a custom handler.

Suggest an answer