Hi all, I am new to JIRA and need to modify the CreateIssueHandler so that it can accept e-mails that come in without a subject.
My issue is not modifying the CreateIssueHandler.java file, my problem is with the actual patching part.
I am trying to follow the steps in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/How+to+Make+a+JIRA+Patch
After I run mvn eclipse:eclipse
- Which project do I import?
- Okay, so I imported the jira-core project into eclipse
The problem I have now is that there are many errors such as
- The import com.atlassian.mail.MailUtils cannot be resolved among other similar errors
you need to update specific file for jira system.
1) Dont import all the jira into the eclipse.
2) if you have already developed plugin for the same version for e.g 4.3 or 4.4 you create package in that plugin.
3) package should be the same as the Package what we are using in the jira for that class
4) packages are nothing but the folder structure.
5) put your java file in that package edit make changes what you required.
6) atlas-run for plugin
7) you will find under target/classes/pkg/your.class
8) go to jira replace your class wich has the same name as the jira class.
9) Restart the server.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG