Passwords needed for JIRA and Confluence web portals

Kevin Bradley November 22, 2017

We have new licenses and accounts however I cannot access the JIRA or Confluence platforms. I have requested password resets but no response from has come through.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hi Kevin,

I took a look at our internal system and I can see that you appear to have starter licenses for both Jira and Confluence on the same account as your appear to be using for our community site.

This just means that you would need to login to our https://my.atlassian.com site in order to obtain those license keys.   For these specific products, you would install them on your own server.  During this setup, you can define the administrator account and password for these applications.   I would recommend Installing Jira and Installing Confluence for a starters overview of the process required.

If you had purchased an Atlassian Cloud account, then Atlassian would handle the installation and upgrades of your applications and in turn you could login to a Cloud instance URL with your Atlassian Id credentials.  

I hope this helps clarify things.  Please let me know if we can be of any additional help.

Andy

Kevin Bradley November 24, 2017

Thank you Andy for your suggestions.

I have now managed to obtain the licenses via our Atlassian account and access JIRA.

Best regards,

Kevin

Suggest an answer