Password restrictions in jira for jira users

Ankita Sharma March 10, 2015

Hi,

I need to implement following password restrictions in JIRA.

1. After 3 or 4 failed attempts, the password should be revoked and after that if i am putting correct password as well, it should result in the locking of the password.
  2. If initial password which is set by administrator, is not used for some days, say 5 days, after it has been created then it should be disabled.
  3. If any unauthorized user is logging in into jira, some useful message should be displayed at login page.
  4. Like in some systems, we need to change the initial set password, how can it be achievable in JIRA.

Please help.

Thanks.

4 answers

1 vote
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

Hi,

I don't know if it can be achievable in JIRA. Have you tried to use plugin Password Policy for JIRA? I think it will be very helpful for you.

You can find documentation here.

Ankita Sharma March 11, 2015

Thanks for the reply. I used the same plug in. But it is also not supporting these password restrictions. Please check if something else can help. Thanks.

0 votes

Hi Justyna, I am unable to send mail to plugins@intenso.pl. Can you please provide any other email address or any link where i can open the ticket for this team. Thanks.

0 votes
Justyna Grabińska March 11, 2015

Hi Ankita, Could you send mail to plugins@intenso.pl with whole description of your problem. We'll create issue for you and we'll try to investigate what happened. Best Regards, The InTENSO Team

0 votes

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

I used the same plug in. But it is also not supporting these password restrictions.

Please check if something else can help.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer