Password reset e-mail not sent to user

Emily Livermore May 23, 2017

One of my users has been locked out of his account. I've reset his password, but he's not receiving an email prompting him to change his password even though he receives other e-mail notifications from Atlassian/JIRA. Has anyone overcome this same problem?

Thank you.

Emily

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Hi Emily,

Hopefully you've been able to resolve this by now.  If you are using an on-premise server check to see if your mail server is blocking emails from mailer.atlassian.com.

1. Check your spam folder for an email from noreply@mailer.atlassian.com.
  2. Contact your mail administrator to whitelist the domain mailer.atlassian.com.

If you are using a hosted server - Cloud - I would recommend contacting the Cloud team to see what happened on that end.

Cheers,

Branden

Emily Livermore June 6, 2017

Branden - 

Thanks for your response. The issue has not been resolved. We're using a Cloud instance. 

Emily

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2017

Hi Emily,

Shannon from the Cloud team, here! I have access to the mail logs so I can search for a specific email address that isn't receiving notifications and see why. You'll need to raise a case at support.atlassian.com.

Can you let me know if you've done that then I can have a look for you? 

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Shannon
Atlassian Support

Emily Livermore June 13, 2017

Hi Shannon - The ticket was created and I'm working with Felipe to resolve the issue. Thanks for your assistance!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 14, 2017

Hello Emily,

Great! Thank you for confirming that.  Felipe will certainly have you sorted out.

Take care!

Kind Regards,

Shannon
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer