Password Rest

Christian Wiederwald September 5, 2017

I just tried to add a new user. Unfortunately the password was never sent out. I tried to reset the password and have it sent to her automatically, but it was never sent.

I have seen a couple of threads in here regarding this subject but no solution. I wonder if there is somebody out there who has come up with a solution in the meantime.

Is there a different way to create a new password withouth resetting it via the "resend"-option?

Thanks a bunch - Christian Wiederwald /t-matix solutions

3 answers

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

Hey Christian, 

There should be an "Edit" button beside Reset Password.

Tyler

Hi,

there is. It only gives me the options

Email address (greyed out)

Username

Full name (greyed out)

unfortunately nothing about a password.

Cheers, Tyler

Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

Hey Christian,

That is true, I just checked again and that option appears to be gone.

Have you tried changing the email that the password gets sent to?

Apologies, wish I could be of more help.

Tyler

Christian Wiederwald September 7, 2017

Hi,

just got the answer from Atlassian. The e-mail was "bounced back" from our company mail-server. Why I do not know since the domain is existing and the e-mail-account was not full. 

Anyway, Atlassian unblocked the e-mail-address and it worked right away.

0 votes

Hi Tyler,

thanks very much for your answer.

Where exactly can I change the password? I only get the "Reset password" button.

Thanks for your help.

Regards - Christian

whats that? I don´t really understand

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2017

@Christian Wiederwald

It's spam - I've removed it

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2017

Hey Christian,

Instead of Resending the password, you could Edit it to something you have both agrred upon.

Then when they log in they could change the password.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Suggest an answer