Participants field is not available to search issues that were commented by a specific user

Mauricio Gracia October 20, 2014

I have enabled the JIRA Tollkit Plugin and performed a re-index

But when I go to the SEARCH page and try to use the participants field, is not available

What I am trying to find is issues that were commented by a specific user.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2014

I believe it will only capture data from the time you add the participant custom field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2014

It will, but it's actually a "derived" field, so if you re-index an issue for any reason, it will populate historical data.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2014

Cool. I've always installed that and jira suite utilities with every new install I've done since I found out about them on my first time supporting JIRA

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2014

You need to add a field of type "participants", ideally with a context that covers all issue types and projects (and most of us stick to calling it participants), then you need to re-index.

Mauricio Gracia October 20, 2014

I don't know how to add that field and include the context that you mention, an example is welcome

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2014

Same as any other custom field. Admin -> Issues -> Fields, click "add field", look for "participants" as the field type, call it something sane, and when it asks what projects and/or issue types to limit it to, make sure it says "global context". Click add, stick it on any screens you want to display it on (not necessary if all you need is the ability to search it, but some people like having it on screen) and re-index.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2014

i think it is on the advanced tab in the add custom field box. By default you get global context which covers all issues and projects.

Suggest an answer