ParentEPic in()

Swetha Bammidi September 29, 2017

Hi,

I want to display all issues under epic.  By using  (SME-1) function all issues under  Epic are displaying but for new epic, every time we have to change the epic key. 

Do we have any alternative to display issues under the epic without changing the Epic issue key in the function?

ParentEpic().png

Regards,

Swetha

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2017

If you have a way to search for the new Epics, for which you want to display the issues, you can do it with the help of JQL Tricks add-on.

For example, you will be doing something like this to show all issues under Epics created since the start of the day.

issue in issuesWhereEpicIn("created >= startOfDay()")
Swetha Bammidi October 6, 2017

Hi,

JQL tricks plugin is only available on server.  What could be the solution for cloud instance.

Jtricksforcloud.png

Murilo da Costa August 25, 2023

A friend you have to pay for its friendship is no true friend. 

Like # people like this
luca.calderone009 November 29, 2023

You can now achieve the same outcome using the following JQL:

issuekey in portfolioChildIssuesOf("AB-123")

It returns all the child issues under an Epic (or any higher custom issue types you may have above it e.g. Initiative). It works across all the levels of your hierarchy even though they may not have a direct connection to the issue in question. 

Janice Castro November 30, 2023

I don't believe that solves the initial question of making the key values dynamic (ie: having to change the epic key every time)

the only way I have found to do this is via ScriptRunner (paid add-on unfortunately)

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("[insert standard JQL here]")
Like luca.calderone009 likes this

Suggest an answer