Parent issue blocking condition removes option for transition is there a way to notify requestor that subtasks have to be closed prior to transition?

Davina Tsosie December 7, 2016

I'm using JIRA Cloud, I have condition set to block transition unless all subtasks are closed, completed, resolved, etc.. However, upon transition it completely removes the option without notifying the user there are outstanding subtasks that need closing. I can try a comment screen for the transition but the subtasks may remain open when they must be closed to transition. I'd like to have the button to allow the transition but have a pop-up showing there are unresolved subtasks that need closing prior to transition. Is this possible?

Thanks, Davina

1 answer

0 votes
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2016

Hi Davina

I suppose you are using a condition inside workflow, you can try to use a validator instead.

Good luck!

Davina Tsosie December 7, 2016

The available validators do not offer option for subtask status. Is there something I'm missing or can I use one of these?

Validators.jpg

Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2016

No, I'm sorry but it's not possible with the current available validators you have. You can add new ones with addons, but some of them (the more powerful) are paid.

Suggest an answer