Parent Story + 3 sub tasks all with original estimates. Time remaining wrong

david_jackson July 6, 2021

I have a Parent Story with Time estimate 3d. This was broken down into 3 subtasks and those were given 1 day each. Now the Time Tracking is indicating that we have 1w 1d remaining which is correct given 3d in parent and 1d x 3 sub tasks. 

I have edited the parent to 0d and ticked the Include Sub Tasks box but still time remaining is 1w 1d. 

Time remaining should be 3d as no work has been started. How can I change Time Remaining to reflect properly? 

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2021

Hi @david_jackson 

You said 

I have edited the parent to 0d

Which field of the parent did you set to 0d? The Original Estimate or the Time Remaining? I'm guessing you changed the Original Estimate of the parent, so will answer for that.

When you first enter a value into the Original Estimate field, the same number is carried over to the Time Remaining field, as you'd expect. ?If you then come back and want to change the Original Estimate, the Remaining Time will NOT change automatically, so you will need to change that as well. If my assumption is correct, you need to set the Time Remaining to 0d as well.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events