Parent/Child support tickets

Daniel Watson April 14, 2016

Having used several other Service Desk solutions in the past, I can't find functionality to assign tickets to a parent case. It's common for something to go wrong and generate multiple tickets for the exact same issue, and it's a godsend to be able to group them together and assign them under a parent, clearing up the queue. How do I do it in Service Desk Cloud?

There's nothing immediately obvious, but this has been a steep learning curve and I haven't been able to find a way. Linking an issue appears to create a duplicate ticket. I can see sub-tasks, but they don't do what I want them to either.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Watson April 17, 2016

A penny just dropped. Other service desks I've used were filtered not to show child issues.

So I guess the question becomes, how do I filter out linked cases? Because there are about 10 definitions of linked (duplicated by, relates to, blocks etc.)

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2016

Linking one issue to another should not create a duplicate and would have been the feature that I recommend that you use. Can you share what is happening when you try?

Also, in your opinion, what should assigning one issue to another do? What functionality are you trying to make happen? smile

Suggest an answer