Parent Child relationship between issue

PRASANNA Venkatesan December 19, 2012

Dear All,

How to find Parent Child relationship between two JIRA issues in DB?

I checked issuelink table. It has source and destination column. But how to know which one is parent whether source or destination?

Issuelinktype stored inward and outward values. But where do we store whether the relationship between two issues is inward or outward?

Regards,

J Prasanna

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

It's easy.

First, write your SQL and execute. Don't worry about the source/ destination directions. Put whatever the direction you assume to be correct.

Compare the SQL result against an issue viewed in the web browser. If your SQL result is correct, then you're done. Otherwise, swap between source and destination.

You don't have to worry about inward/ outward terms.

select
  i2.pkey issue,
  i1.pkey parent
from
  jiraissue i1,
  jiraissue i2,
  issuelink l,
  issuelinktype lt
where
  i1.id = l.source and
  i2.id = l.destination and
  l.linktype = lt.id and
  lt.linkname = 'Cloners';

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2012

If you explain the usecase, it may help. In addition you directly get the issue links using th XML view of a Filter.

Suggest an answer