POST requests from Confluence to JIRA always run GET requests instead.

shaanappel June 15, 2017

I have set up CORS and can succesfully amke GET calls to JIRA. However, whenever I try to make a POST call it tries to run a GET call instead.

In the OPTIONS preflight request I look at my request headers and see "Access-Control-Request-Method: GET".

When I run the same POST call from other sites it works fine. Anyone know why this is happening?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2017

Hi Shaan,

One user ran into a similar issue and the findings were that JIRA will add its own Access-Control-Allow-Origin Header on GET and thus it would be doubled which could be happening in your situation.

Please see the answer Benjamin posted and hopefully that will help you make some headway into why this is happening and resolve this for you.  In addition please also review CONFSERVER-41269 to see if that helps as well as it states Confluence does not add the necessary header Access-Control-Allow-Origin.  There is a work around in the ticket that may be of assistance.

If CONFSERVER-41269 does help, please vote on the issue so you will be notified when the ticket is updated!

Cheers,

Branden

shaanappel June 15, 2017

Neither of these seems like the answer. The cited user said that doubling would result in an "Only one Access-Control-Allow-Origin header is allowed on Response headers" error, which I don't have. 

Additionally, it doesn't seem to be a CORS issue as when I make the POST call from the developer console on a JIRA page I am still seeing a GET call in the request headers.

Suggest an answer