PKIX Path Building Failed

iamjusticetirael December 22, 2017

Hi! I have 2 errors:

• JIRA Does Not Start after Configuring SSL Due to Unspecified TrustStore or Keystore Path
  • Unable to Connect to SSL Services due to PKIX Path Building Failed 

But! 

java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/java/cacerts SSLPoke jira5.sam-solutions.net 443
Successfully connected

java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/etc/pki/java/cacerts SSLPoke jira5.sam-solutions.net 443
Successfully connected

java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.151-1.b12.el7_4.x86_64/jre/lib/security/cacerts SSLPoke jira5.sam-solutions.net 443
Successfully connected

java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/lib/security/cacerts SSLPoke jira5.sam-solutions.net 443
Successfully connected

What wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

That suggests your certs are ok, but Jira is not using them.

My  guess is that you have not configured Jira to use your jvm instead of the one it comes with,

My  guess is that you have not configured Jira to use your jvm instead of the one it comes with,

How can I do? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

It would be better to install the certificates in the jvm that was installed for Jira.

You need to decide if you want to use the standard installation or run Jira with the jvm you choose to use first.

If you do decide to go with your own jvm, then edit the setenv.sh file in Jira's "bin" installation and set a Java_home in there to point to your jvm install.

It would be better to install the certificates in the jvm that was installed for Jira.

see 1st post

And all connections Successfull. What do not I understand?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2017

See first answer - your Jira is not using the certificates you have tested with.

How does she then use OAuth with Confluence?

Suggest an answer