PBIs created on backlog/portfolio do not have needed properties

Miguel R May 24, 2022

Hi all,

When I create a PBI on my backlog, it doesn't automatically assign the field "Team" - therefore it doesn't show on Portfolio.

Also, when I create a PBI on Portfolio it doesn't automatically assign the "Feature team", it disappears from the  then a pop up is displayed stating:

• "This issue is missing some details that are specified in the issue sources of your plan. To make this issue visible, please add these missing details to the issue"

What is strange, is that other fields are populated when I create an item on the backlog and others are populated on the plan. But for these two situations I need to manually introduce the correct data.

Anyone have any idea of a workaround?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

I'm not entirely sure how you're creating Palm Beach Airports in Jira, but I'll assume that your TLA means something else.

The "team" field is not automatically set by Jira by default.  What have you set up to do the automatic assignment?  Is it just the field defaults, or something else?

Miguel R May 26, 2022

Sorry, PBI stands for Product Backlog Item (i.e. issues - stories, tasks, etc.).

So, on my backlog when I create an issue, the correct Team is assigned (probably because the board is for that team). Would be possible to also have "feature team" - which is used for Portfolio - automatically assigned?

Conversely, on Portfolio, because it's based on Feature Team, when I create an item, it is populated with the correct "Feature team" but not the "team" property - would it be possible to make it "automatically" assigned?

Suggest an answer