after restore an xml-file (Jira export) I can t login with the user, which was ADMIN before the import.
I know the name and the password of the ADMIN and now I need a possibility to activate it again.
The installation is a the free Jira download 5.0.6.
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with this subject, so I would be grateful for a simple solution.
If you didn't have the ADMIN account on the backup, or it didn't have the same configuration for external user directories (if you have any), then your ADMIN account is lost.
This https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator will show you how you can get administrator permissions back.
Unfortunately, I don t know how to manage this solution.
Would it be also possible to use the setup wizard like: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Restarting+JIRA+from+the+Setup+Wizard
or just to make a new download with the same license key?
If it would be possible to get database back like before the xml-restore. I could first backup and then restore again.
Thanks for your help.
If you want to revert to that backup, and you don't have admin in the current system, then you have two options:
1. As Florin said, reset the password by following the options in the document given. (But then you probably don't need to restore)
2. Stop Jira, drop all the tables in the database it's using, and restart it. Without it's users and so-on, it will think "Oh I'm new" and offer you a baseline setup or the option to import (even if you go with baseline, you'll at least have an admin account)
However, I'd strongly recommend NOT trying option 2 yet. Could you tell us why you are unable to reset the admin password as per the documentation Florin pointed you at? That's a far better solution
-Login into existing jira and create a new user with administrator permissions
- take a xml backup of the data
-keep the xml backup file on new JIRA server in import directory.
- install and access new jira through web browser, create a default admin account in setup wizard,
- restore the backup file giving the path of xml backup file
- now, you cannot login with the default admin account because the old data gets wiped off after restore. so now login with the user account which you created in jira before taking the backup on old jira server.
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG