Outlook2Jira plugin

Michael Comanns February 1, 2015

Hi,

we are facing a problem with the newest version of the Outlook2Jira plugin and our JIRA system (6.4.11).

Each time we try to create an issue out of Outlook 2010 we get an error saying that we have an unsuported browser.

The main problem then is that some of the drop downs and date pickers are not working.

Please help!

image2015-2-2 9:25:28.png

2 answers

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2015

As Nic already mentioned, the AddIn uses the browsing funtions Outlook supports, and this is IE7 by default.

During the installation of our AddIn we add an registry entry to make Outlook to use IE9 instead to cleanly render JIRA. So usually the reinstalltion of the AddIn using the installer (setup.exe) should fix the issue. Otherwise you can also apply the registry file here: http://plugins.extern.catworkx.de/download/attachments/786435/o2j_ie9_hlcu.reg?api=v2

After that you need to restart Outlook. Please let me know, if this works and also make sure you have installed at least IE9 on your computer.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2015

I don't think that's the plugin, I suspect it is JIRA itself warning you that your browser is unsupported.

What browser are you using?

Michael Comanns February 1, 2015

Hi,

this is the internal browser which is being used by the Outlook2Jira plugin.

When accessing jira via the normal weblogin we are using Chrome and Firefox without any problems.

Is it possible that the plugin utilises IE?

Cheers
Michael

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2015

Ah, it's embedded issue browser, I see. That isn't really a browser inside the plugin, it's using the browsing functions that Outlook supports, which probably is bound to IE. Have you tried accessing JIRA on the same machine using IE? I'd sort of expect that to show the same error.

Suggest an answer