Outlook2Jira - Can you assign a user when adding a comment?

Eric Sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2014

Love the look of this app and I think it will help many of my users love JIRA more. However, I know one of the things that they will want to do is, when adding a comment, make sure that the issue is assigned to the right user. It is by assigning the issue to a the right user that we track who should be actioning things based on the latest comment.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Eric Sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2014
Thanks for that. Issue is that if person A was to add a comment that they are directing to person B then they want to assign it to person B not to themselves. Any ideas on this?
0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2014

Hi Eric,

you should create a custom listener that, when the event ISSUE_COMMENTED will be fired, it will assign the issue to the user that performed this action.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer