Outlook to Jira Plugin: Invalid URI

Maria Klemm July 21, 2015

I successfully installed the Catworkx Plugin Outlook to JIRA and also installed the Add-In for Outlook.

If I do a right Mouseclick on an Email I see The 'Add a comment' and the 'Create an Issue' options but when I click them, I get an error: 'Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.'

I really don't know what to do...

10 answers

1 vote
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

As it looks like the plugin did not load successfully: "1 von 4 Module aktiviert". This is the reason why you get a "License not found" error. Probably the Universial Plugin Manager (UPM) is not up to date. The UPM is responsible for the plugin management within JIRA. Please update the UPM to the lastest version (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin/versions)

Afterwards deactivate and reactivate the plugin and make sure all components have been activated.

Holger Lehmann _catworkx GmbH_ July 23, 2015

Then again, simply "opening" the + Symbol in front of "1 von 4 Module aktiviert" and "Enabling" all currently "disabled" modules should also do the trick.

0 votes
Maria Klemm July 27, 2015

Mittlerweile bekomme ich auch eine Logfile. Ist aber nicht gerade ergiebig...

[2015-07-28 07:55:25] Add-in Startup

Holger Lehmann _catworkx GmbH_ July 27, 2015

Hallo Maria, es sollte, beim Enablen der Module des Plugins Logfile ggf. diverse Fehler auftauchen. Das Logfile, bzw. den Ausschnitt dazu benötigen wir. Am besten wäre es aber *jetzt* ein Support Ticket dafür zu erstellen: https://plugins.extern.catworkx.de/display/O2J/Outlook+Integration+for+JIRA+-+Documentation und dann rechts auf das Orange "Request for Service" clicken. Dann dort einmal kurz ein Issue erfassen, mit Hinweis auf *diesen* Thread und sobald wir das Issue haben, könne wir dort auch das Logfile anhängen. Danke im Voraus, Holger

0 votes
Maria Klemm July 27, 2015

Hallo Holger,

habe alles aktualisiert. Leider lassen sich die 3 Module aus dem Catworkx Add-on immer noch nicht aktivieren.

Maria

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015

If you still get the error message "Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined" please check the solution here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/20645823

0 votes
Maria Klemm July 24, 2015

1. image2015-7-24 15:47:30.png
  2. Es wird kein Protokoll erstellt. Auch der Ordner Outlook2Jira bleibt leer...

Im Plugin Manager sehe ich dass für das catworkx-Plugin nur 3 von 4 Modulen aktiviert sind.
    applicationProperties, pluginLicenseManager und Outlook Integration for JIRA REST resource
    sind deaktiviert und lassen sich nicht aktivieren.
    Kann es daran liegen und liegt die Deaktivierung an der Test-Lizenz?
    Es wäre schade wenn ich das Add-on nicht richtig testen kann.

Vielen Dank für den tollen Support Holger!

Holger Lehmann _catworkx GmbH_ July 24, 2015

Hallo Maria, dann bitte einmal, wie mein Kollege schrieb, den Universal Plugin Manager Updaten. Wenn diese Module nicht einschaltbar sind liegt dies mit hoher Wahrscheinlichkeit daran. - Holger

0 votes
Maria Klemm July 23, 2015

Hi Holger,

here's a screenshot but I don't know how to enable debugging and logging... sorry.

image2015-7-24 8:57:1.png

Holger Lehmann _catworkx GmbH_ July 23, 2015

Hi Maria, for debugging and logging: (english, german below) Please: 1. Select Outlook2Jira Ribbon -> Select Connection Settings -> Make a Screenshot and Post here 2. Select Outlook2Jira Ribbon -> Select Advanced Configuration -> Select 3rd tab -> Check Both checkboxes in "Debugging" 3. Attempt to create a JIRA Issue from Outlook -> get an error 4. Select Outlook2Jira Ribbon -> Select Advanced Configuration -> Select 3rd tab -> Click Show Protocol Button 5. Copy & Paste the Protocol contents here (make shure to wipe any passwords in the logfile!) (deutsch) Bitte: 1. Outlook2Jira Ribbon auswählen -> Verbindungseinstellungen öffnen -> Einen Screenshot nehmen und hier Posten 2. Outlook2Jira Ribbon auswählen -> Erweiterte Konfiguration öffnen -> Den 3ten Tab (Allgemein) öffnen -> Beide Checkboxen im "Debugging" checken 3. Erneut versuchen ein JIRA Issue zu erzeugen -> Fehler bekommen 4. Outlook2Jira Ribbon auswählen -> Erweiterte Konfiguration öffnen -> Den 3ten Tab (Allgemein) öffnen -> Den Knopf Protokoll anzeigen drücken 5. Das angezeigte Protokoll mittels Copy & Paste the Protocol hier Posten (Bitte darauf achten ggf. enthaltene Passwörter zu löschen!)

0 votes

eval means? I have a test license...

catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2015

Yes, test licsense is what I mean by eval(uation) license.

Holger Lehmann _catworkx GmbH_ July 21, 2015

Hi Maria, could you please post: a) a screenshot of the universal plugin manager showing the outllok integration for jira add-on "expaneded" to show the expiration period of the test license b) enable the debugging and logging in the advanced config, as mention above, and post the logfile Thanks in advance, Holger

0 votes

Hey Holger,

thanx for your answer! All set, it works but when I create an issue, it sais 'Could not access license. JIRA status code: Not found.' Does it mean the Plugin license? I changed it in the Manage-Add-Ons section...

catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2015

Looks like you did not add a (eval) license to the related JIRA plugin.

0 votes
Holger Lehmann _catworkx GmbH_ July 21, 2015

Hi Maria,

did you fill in the connection properties?

Otherwise Outlook does not know where you JIRA is located ...

Please follow the instructions for configuring your Outlook as described in the documentation:

Configuration Outlook (english)

or

Konfiguration Outlook (german)

In case that does not help, please enable logging and debugging in the advanced configuration and post the logfile contents.

Thanks in Advance, Holger

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2015

Did you successfully test the connection in the Connection settings? This error message indicates, that the JIRA-URL seems to be in an invalid format. Please try to use an fully qualified domain name (FQDN) here, like https://jira.company.com instead of https://localjira. If necessary add the port. You could also try to use an IP address.

Suggest an answer