Outgoing emails are not working

Damian Tokarczyk September 22, 2017

Hello,

Yesterday incoming emails worked, today morning we have alert about server time out connection.

We connected with our e-mail hosting, and they don't see any logs about try connection.

I tried add other mail, gmail account works.

Look Screenshot_18.png

Best

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2017

Hi Damian,

Are you still running into this issue?  This is normally caused by a networking issue outside of JIRA and there could have been a breakadown in communication anywhere between the machine JIRA is installed on and the email server so the traffic may not have reached the email provider for them to have seen requests coming.

If you are still running into this issue increase the email logging to debug per Diagnosing Mail and Mail Handlers Issues.  I would not leave this on if it is an intermittent issue as the logs can get big depending on the instance's use.  If this is not happening presently and you experience it again for a period of time that is measurable increase the logging, reproduce the issue and take to see if the atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log was generated.  If you see anything and need assistance post the snippet here and we'll be more than happy to take a look.

In addition, I would also attempt to telnet to the mail server from the JIRA server to test communication as well.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer