Outgoing emails alert

Neeta Dubey November 24, 2013

I need urgent help to figure out that our JIRA instance is sending bulk of emails in couple of hours. for a temprory solution i have disabled the outgoing emails however how shall i check that why JIRA is sending automatic emails?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Neeta Dubey December 11, 2013

The problem was with our SMTP server and not JIRA.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

there also could be some filter subscriptions set up by someone.

you might check this area as well

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2013

I thnk you need to explain what the emails actually are as well - if we knew what your system is generating, we might be able to point you at the right area!

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

Hello Neeta,

If you couldn't find that Services and Listeners helped to fix the problem, you might want to have a look at the third-party plugin you have on your side, as this problem might be related to certain plugin which are related to sending email notifications out of JIRA.

I hope tha thelps.

Cheers,

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

check any services or listeners configured to bach updates.

I am attaching the screen shot for reference. hope that may help to dig the issue.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

unable to see any screen shot here!!

I am unable to screen shot. Its doing nothing after I click the upload button.

Suggest an answer