Outgoing email not working in JIRA

Srilatha Pokala February 11, 2015

we are using JIRA 6.2.11 and i have configured Outgoing Mail correctly and " Send a Test Email" is also sending out emails.

But when i create an issue email is not sending out

1. Create Transition Post Function set to "Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners"
  2. I have associated Issue Created with my Notification Scheme
  3. Notification Scheme is correctly set to my Project

I do not see any error in the atlassian-jira.log and i do not see any entries in atlassian-outgoing-mail.log

Your help is appreciated

2 answers

0 votes
Srilatha Pokala February 13, 2015

Thank you, i have updated my preferences to "Notify Me" and now i see emails coming..

I have created test users, do i need to set this preference for each test user?

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2015

No, you don't need to do it for each user, you can set a Global Default following the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA062/Changing+the+User+Default+Settings.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2015

Hi @srilatha tamishetty,

Are you testing the notifications as yourself? In your profile in JIRA what have you got for your "My Changes" setting?

User_Profile__Andrew_Frayling_-_JIRA_NSS.png

If you're testing as yourself and you have it set to "Don't Notify Me" you won't get any emails for any changes you make.

Andrew.

Suggest an answer