Out-of-the-box workflow transition validators

Ray Crowley March 6, 2016

Hi,

Can someone confirm for me the available workflow transition validators that are available by default?

I see these two. Should I be seeing more? (I'm running v6.4.9)

add_validator.png

The documentation suggests there should be a greater range of validators:

Validators check that any input made to the transition is valid before the transition is performed. Input can include that gathered from the user on the transition's screen. 

from Advanced workflow configuration

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2016

Validators are something Atlassian has always left to third party add-ons.

You get two with plain JIRA:

• User Permission validator (a hangover from early JIRA - marked as obsolete, only there for supporting really old data and seriously, do not bother to use it)
  • Permission validator (does what you'd expect, but most of us use Conditions to stop the user who doesn't have the right permissions to start the transition, rather than let them add data and then refuse to let them save it)
0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2016

JIRA Suite Utilities is free and supported, many articles are written with that add-on being installed and enabled.
Misc Workflow Extensions is not free but includes many basic functions.

Both of these add-ons are installed (for free) and disabled by default in Atlassian Cloud.

Ray Crowley March 6, 2016

Thanks Steven. I'm aware of this add-on. My question is quite specific though - what are the standard validators.

Suggest an answer