Out of memory while taking xml backup

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Hi

I am on jira 5.0 and my XML zip size is roughly around 150 MB. Today while taking the xml backup, jira could not complete the backup and on the front end threw an out of memory error.

I have alloted 1280 MB of memory to my JIRA.

Is the resolution to increase this gradually?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
btan-g2g March 23, 2014

Hi, Rahul,

You may want to add memory more than 1280M since 150M of backup is a ziped file. And you also want to increase JIRA_MAX_PERM_SIZE value.

0 votes
Sven [Dione Technology]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Hi Rahul,

1280 MB is maybe a bit less.

I think Atlassian recommendation is around 3GB.

Is it possible for you to increase it ?

Sven [Dione Technology]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2014
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2014

Thanks Sven

Suggest an answer