Other way to sync Jira and HPQC without using the password in Jira

John Lavides August 25, 2015

Hi Support,

Is there a way to sync the JIRA and HP QC without giving the password in Jira?

Next thing is. If we decide to give the password of sync user in JIRA that will be used sync the JIRA and HP QC is it safe?

Regards,

John

4 answers

0 votes
John Lavides August 27, 2015

Thanks Gabriel for your inputs. I will raise a ticket in ORASI.

Regards,

John

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

That is the tool's limitation. It needs a valid JIRA account, with valid permission so it can update the JIRA tickets on behalf of a real user and the HPQC tool needs an account to do this. All JIRA accounts have password, unless there is an update on the HPQC tool that bypasses the authentication (which I doubt). To ultimately confirm this, I suggest opening a ticket against the vendor (ORASI).

0 votes
John Lavides August 25, 2015

Hi Gabrielle,

Thanks for your answer. For our testing we already create a generic JIRA user ID. But some PM's asking if thereis a way that we don't need to give the password of that JIRA user but still will be able to sync with HPQC.

Regards,

John

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

I suggest that you create a generic JIRA user ID (with specific permissions only) that will be used by the HPQC sync only. Make sure that the credentials for this ID is only known to the admins of the HPQC team. We currently have this setup and we have not seen any problems with it for the last couple of years. With limited permissions and the password safe, it will not possess any risks at all.

Suggest an answer