Other technical contacts view support ticket

Eldon Wong January 27, 2014

For support tickets that we submit under support.atlassian.com, is there a way that we can allow other people in our own organizations listed as technical contacts to view the issues? For one of the issues, I had to ask Atlassian to add them as a participant or something. Can we add people ourselves? Or default to everyone listed as a technical contact can see everything submitted by under our corporate account?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2014

You can edit the ticket and add your colleagues under "Cc" field on the "Participants" tab as long as they have an account on SAC.

Eldon Wong January 28, 2014

Do you mean when I edit the ticket, then go to the "Step 3: Participants & Phone Number (Optional)"?

If so, I tried to add their email addresses they used to register their my.atlassian account and it says, "Could not find usernames: <xxxx@xxxxx.com>"

I tried to also add my own, just adds my email address to that list of could not find usernames.

Note that there is a little lock symbol next to the CC box.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2014

You have to provide a valid username. It might be different from the email id. Usually works for me.

Eldon Wong January 29, 2014

Thanks. This worked!

David Hergert _PAYX_ March 27, 2015

This does not work anymore now that it is in JIRA Service Desk.

0 votes
Juergen Kuersch July 6, 2014

Now that support.atlassian.comruns in Service Desk rather than in native Jira: how do I add another person after I created the support issue?

Suggest an answer