Original estimate to sub-tasks, why it affects the Story Original estimate?

Shirley Jhirad May 3, 2016

Hi All,

I Have  scenario where:

1. First, in a very initial stage i'm giving an estimation on the epic level in time units of weeks
  2. Then, on the story level, in the release planning i'm estimating the stories in time units of days
  3. Finally in the sprint planning a detailed estimation in hours

So now i'm having an issue, if i'm giving an original est. on both stories and their Sub-tasks the estimated field on the story level is updated to the sum of the story+sus-tasks estimation.

I would like to maintain the org. est. of the story and see kind of a correct est. for the sum taken from the sub-tasks(And off course, all should be aggregated to the Epic level as well).

So currently to achieve that i'm not updating estimates on the sub-tasks level, only using Time tracking. But i'm afraid this will affect me as i'm using the OOB reports like the burndown and velocity charts.

Any advise?  

Thanks

Shirley

2 answers

0 votes
Mysti Ehlers February 23, 2017

Me too!!!

0 votes
Cristóbal Leiva July 4, 2016

Dear Shirley, I have exactly the same problem like you. Have you found a solution yet? I read you need to write a code with the scriptRunner add-on to achieve this, but i'm not sure how to do it. Have you tried this option?

Suggest an answer