Original Estimate vs Planned Estimate

Kent Warman August 20, 2012

I've seen answers to questions that state quite clearly that subtask estimates are added to original estimate. I understand the point made in those posts. However, how would you suggest that, as a proj mgr, I put a high level estimate on an issue/story for planning purposes...to be tasked out later...without adding to the original estimate on subtask entry. I'd like to plan future work with 'planned estimates' and then get the dev team to add subtasks for the coming sprint that reflect more accurately the amount of work. Original Estimate doesn't give me this 'planned estimate'.

Ideally I'd have:

Planned Estimate - high level planning estimate

Orginal Estimate - aggregation of subtask when work is scheduled and work is logged against.

Thoughts/suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012
Kent Warman August 20, 2012

Thanks -I should have mentioned I'm using v4.4.4.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012

Yeap, it works on 4.4.4

Suggest an answer