Original Estimate field not visible in Create Issue

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2013

I am trying to add Original Estimate field in the Create Issue screen.

I do not see it in default screen to add. How do we make it visible?

3 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2013

Look for "time tracking" rather than "original estimate" in the list of fields to add to the screen - try that instead. (The estimate and time tracking fields are actually all one field, displayed differently)

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2013

Does Legacy Mode make a difference?

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2013

Is there one screen that defaults for all Create Issue?

I do not see a default screen for create issue

Does Legacy Mode make a difference?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2013

Depends on how you've set it all up.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+a+Screen+with+an+Issue+Operation

(I'm not sure what you mean by legacy mode - there's a couple of things it might refer to, but they're minor and have nothing to do with screens, just the way some data is handled)

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2013

I edited the Default Screen and do not see Time Tracking in the pulldown.

https://jira.ibaset.com/secure/admin/ConfigureFieldScreen.jspa?id=1

Time Tracking does not show in the pulldown for the selection

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2013

Yes i found it. They were using custom screens so i had to edit in there

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2013

Have you got Timetracking enabled in the global configuration? If it's off, it won't let you see the field at all.

0 votes
KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2013

Done

0 votes
KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2013

Answered by Nic

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2013

Mark his answer as correct then ;)

Suggest an answer