Original Estimate Validation

Aditya Prakash June 5, 2013

How to validate the Original Estimate Field,Any Rest api call to do that.Please Respond

Thanks

Aditya

5 answers

0 votes
Aditya Prakash June 6, 2013

Yes i was able to create a task successfully using rest,my question is there is any chance to validate the

original estimate field.If a valid estimate is given something like 3h,it creates a task but when i enter

'fdfdsf' some string it throws a bad request exception,finally i was looking for the validation for the

original estimate field,is there anyother rest api call to check if the user has entered the valide estimate?

or just we have to write some regular expression to validate on our side

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

Yes i was able to create a task successfully using rest,my question is there is any chance to validate the

original estimate field.If a valid estimate is given something like 3h,it creates a task but when i enter

'fdfdsf' some string it throws a bad request exception,finally i was looking for the validation for the

original estimate field,is there anyother rest api call to check if the user has entered the valide estimate?

0 votes

I'm trying to create a task through jira rest api,so i want to validate the entered original estimate field through any rest api calls if there are any?.

Am i more specific now please respond.

0 votes

I'm trying to create a task through jira rest api,so i want to validate the entered original estimate field through any rest api calls if there are any?.

Am i more specific now please respond.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

Can you be more specific? What validation? What are you trying to do?

Suggest an answer