Original Estimate Validation

How to validate the Original Estimate Field,Any Rest api call to do that.Please Respond

Thanks

Aditya

5 answers

Can you be more specific? What validation? What are you trying to do?

I'm trying to create a task through jira rest api,so i want to validate the entered original estimate field through any rest api calls if there are any?.

Am i more specific now please respond.

I'm trying to create a task through jira rest api,so i want to validate the entered original estimate field through any rest api calls if there are any?.

Am i more specific now please respond.

Yes i was able to create a task successfully using rest,my question is there is any chance to validate the

original estimate field.If a valid estimate is given something like 3h,it creates a task but when i enter

'fdfdsf' some string it throws a bad request exception,finally i was looking for the validation for the

original estimate field,is there anyother rest api call to check if the user has entered the valide estimate?

or just we have to write some regular expression to validate on our side

Yes i was able to create a task successfully using rest,my question is there is any chance to validate the

original estimate field.If a valid estimate is given something like 3h,it creates a task but when i enter

'fdfdsf' some string it throws a bad request exception,finally i was looking for the validation for the

original estimate field,is there anyother rest api call to check if the user has entered the valide estimate?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,095 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot