Organizing inactive custom fields

Andy Keyworth May 4, 2016

Is there a way to organize inactive custom fields? What I mean is, if a field is no longer used on any screen but we don't want to delete it outright (for legacy purposes), is there a way to place it with other such fields? The Workflows have an expandable "inactive" section which is really useful for this purpose. It greatly reduce the number of visible items on an admin screen, while not accidentally deleting something that might have to be referred to later.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2016

I'm afraid not - there's more than one way of disabling a field and it can get quite hard to work out whether a field is actively used or not. 

In fact, screens are the one way you can't reliably say that a field is unused - I've got fields in the system I'm looking at now that are not on any screen, but they're used for sorting and search.

The only fields you can definitely say are unused are ones that show in the list of custom fields with "not configured for any context"

0 votes
Andy Keyworth May 4, 2016

Makes sense- thanks.

Suggest an answer