Organisations still appear in my Help Centre Requests list after being deleted

Imogen Morgan February 8, 2021

I have removed the individual UK Laing O Rourke Organisations and grouped them into LOR UK, yet they still show when I go to the Help Centre and try to filter on requests. I need this to be cleared/reflect the organisations that are in JSM so that I can effectively go in and just see my clients and the issues that they have raised.

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 12.47.54.pngScreenshot 2021-02-08 at 12.48.00.pngScreenshot 2021-02-08 at 12.47.11.pngScreenshot 2021-02-08 at 12.47.26.png

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

@Imogen Morgan
It is okay for the Product + Mobile Renovation projects they are not showing "customers" - they are not Service Management projects but Software projects.

grafik.png

A question to the organization handling: did you click "Remove from project" or "Delete organization"?

Imogen Morgan February 9, 2021

Hi Daniel, 

I'm not sure for certain with these particular organisations as I cleaned up quite a few but I think they were just deleted.

Thanks

Imy

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

If they were deleted then I'd agree with Jack that a support request with Atlassian would be a good idea.
My first intention was that the organization probably just has been deactivated so it still is "alive" in Jira.

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Imogen Morgan 

Jira Service Management Organization is a global entity, which can be added to multiple ServiceDesk Projects.

In your case, from the screenshots it looks like you have created new Organization(s) but it seems like there are ServiceDesk projects which are associated with old Organizations and therefore appearing in the Portal page.

As for the issue of the Request not appearing in the List, can you make sure that the Request has been tagged with the correct organization in the agent view?

Example attached

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 8.41.06 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

but i think there is something weird with JSM about how customers that are not part of a project actually will show in the Customers screen w/ no issues created in that project. They do not show in the People page. I have seen this myself and have been meaning to dig into this to understand the whys and wherefores. 

Imogen Morgan February 8, 2021

Thanks Jack - yes that's it - I can't find the customers associated with any other projects to delete them from my list of customers/organisations, so it doesn't look like they are associated with a project at all. 

They aren't in any of the following projects and the only Project that I have 'customers' or 'organisations' in is the 'Voyage Control Client Service' one.

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 15.54.57.pngScreenshot 2021-02-08 at 15.55.06.pngScreenshot 2021-02-08 at 15.55.20.pngScreenshot 2021-02-08 at 15.56.35.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

you might reach out to Atlassian Support to get an official answer as to why this occurs. If/when I have time I will dig in a bit but tied up ATM.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events