Order of stories on next-gen board with "group by subtasks" enabled

ulich October 14, 2019

I have a next gen project and in the backlog there is the following order of stories for the board

2019-10-14 at 10.30.jpeg

I have the board configured with "group by subtasks".

I would expect the stories on the board to have the same order, but they are completely different.

2019-10-14 at 10.24.jpeg

Can this be changed somehow? For me it is absolutely crucial to have the stories on the board with the priority they should be worked on, from top top bottom.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2020

@ulich this should now be resolved for you - the ordering of swimlanes will respect the rank of the story and will align with your backlog view and issue view. Let me know if you have any further questions!

bwebster February 19, 2020

@Eoin I am seeing the same issue that was reported by @ulich in our nextgen project.  The issue does not appear to be fixed for our project.

I can compare the backlog with the board when grouped by "none", and they match.  I can also compare the backlog with the issues view when filtered to our project and ordered by "Rank" (which seems to look like a custom field).  These two views also match up.

When I look at the board grouped by "subtask", the order doesn't match.

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2020

Thanks for flagging this with us @bwebster - we'll take a look

Jonas Sossai Junior March 20, 2020

Hi @Eoin 

Same issue hire. Backlog order is this (correct):

1.png

And board order is this:

2.png

Any idea?

Thanks
Jonas

QiFenPocket March 23, 2020

Hi @Eoin 

Same issue too.

Any update?

Thanks

Jared

Thorsten Lausch April 1, 2020

Hi @Eoin 

we have the same issue too. Very problematic for the Team to know which order is correct. Do you need any Informations about it?

Gert Kruger April 8, 2020

Hi @Eoin 

Same issue here, any update?

Do we need to switch away from next gen to solve this?

Thanks,

uwe.dauernheim April 27, 2020

Same issue here. Please fix this!

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2020

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about this continued problem.  This is a bug we are tracking over in JSWCLOUD-17950.  I recommend watching that issue for updates on this problem.  Please vote on that issue if you are affected by this particular problem.  This can help our team to better understand the number of systems affected by this problem so that we can better prioritize the most urgent problems.

Thanks

Andy

Fabio Pulvirenti May 7, 2020

The bug is set as Low priority, I know that maybe it seems not so important but for me as Product Owner of multiple products I want that my Scrums teams follow the order I have defined in the Backlog. There is some workaround?

Like Dmitry Mikhailovich likes this
Craig Marsden July 31, 2020

We've tried this recently and have encountered the same issue (backlog, top image; board, bottom image). Before raising a new ticket (as suggested) are other users still experiencing this? Is there something I'm missing when enabling "group by"? I thought maybe it's because of the issue types, but tested that out and it still orders them differently.

backlog order (1).jpg

board order (1).jpg

Suggest an answer