Oracle compatibility with JIRA 7.4 ?

John Campos July 27, 2017

Can Jira Software 7.4 work with Oracle 11.2.0.4.0 or do I need to upgrad to 12c?  I guess I could always stand up PostgreSQL.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

Only 12c is supported per https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/supported-platforms-881683157.html

Even if it works on 11, I would not risk it.

Also, PostgreSQL tends to have a lot more burn in than any other DB  due to it's broad internal use at Atlassian. I recommend it to most of my clients, as long as they have staff who can support it (or they're equaly not qualified to support any of the supported DBs).

John Campos July 28, 2017

Thank you for your advise. 

Until we upgrade to Oracle 12c I will stand up an instance of PostgreSQL to support Jira.  Would you recommend installing PostgreSQL on a seperate VM then Jira Software?

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2017

Depends on the scale of the VM? I would tend to recommend yes as long as you can handle the networking side of it without much trouble.

Suggest an answer