Option "Create linked issue" does not copy Reporter value

Deleted user December 14, 2017

In the Service Desk, when I do option "Create linked issue" , the Reporter value of the new issue is set to currentUser and does not copy the value from the original issue.
So now this new Project-ticket has the ServiceDesk-engineer as Reporter, and not the Reporter of the original servicedesk ticket. I now change the value by hand every time. 

Does anyone know how to copy the Reporter value when using the "Create linked issue" option ? 

Can it be done by using an automation rule ?

Thanks, PeterB

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2017

Hi Peter,

I would take a look at and add-on such as JWME or ScriptRunner.  There are two open Suggestion Requests that are related:

Problem Definition

Currently, Create Linked Issue Screen only shows the system default fields and required fields as per field configurations.

Suggested Solution

1. Allow configuring Create Linked Issue Screen like Create/Edit/View Issue screens. OR
  2. Create Linked Issue Screen should show all the field as Create Issue screen.

It sounds like the above Suggested Solution would be of benefit to you so at this time please vote on JSDSERVER-3917 and JSDCLOUD-3917 to add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events