Optimize working with Schemes and a lot of projects

Hannes November 13, 2019

Hallo everybody,

currently I'm working for a customer with around 200 projects and the handling of schemes is a nightmare. Some are shared, but there's also a lot of custom schemes per project.

I have the requirement to create some new projects and I want to use shared configuration, but at the moment I'm not sure, which schemes I should use.

What would you recommend to proceed here? 

I heard about the possibility to create a custom project template. This sounds good for me, but here they say this is not supported. Is this true? Than it's not an option (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Create-Custom-Project-Template-for-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/992403)

The other option I see at the moment is reallyy a lot of work, so I do not prefer this way. But maybe this is the way: I'd evaluate all schemes (think this will last up to a week) and than decide what to merge.

Is there any better solution to proceed?

Thanks a lot!

Hannes

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tomas Gustavsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2019

Hello,

In my opion, yes you can create a template, but it's not really a template it is a project, that you can create a copy from and you will get a base, to us for your new project.

Choose a project that fit you best and use the function Create with shared configuration

Personal i think this is better than using the default project creation from jira. 

Hannes November 16, 2019

Hm. Would you prefer a completely different solution handling this? I’m not sure how to proceed here.

Suggest an answer