Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Opening any project existing results in 500 error

For all users (including admin), clicking on a project from the project lists results in a "oops" 500 error.  However, if you know the issue link number, you can easily navigate to it by typing it in the address bar.  

I've tried:

• using "safe mode" to see if it was a plugin/app but that doesn't appear to resolve anything. 
  • clean reindex both in the background and locked modes.
  • tried creating a project - that also fails! 

2 answers

I am using Jira Data Server version 8.20.8.  Just upgraded last weekend.  I and work mates got the same error 500 on virtual machines.  Most of them got away after rebooting the PCs/Laptops, some still get the same issues.  The error 500 screen does not provide hint(s) to find its solution.  This is error message from the Catalina.out on Monday 20/03/2022.  But not sure this cause the error 500 or not.

2022-03-20 03:33:46,394+1100 Caesium-1-4 ERROR ServiceRunner [c.a.r.internal.settings.SettingsReloaderJob] Error while refreshing rate limiting settings:
com.atlassian.jira.transaction.TransactionRuntimeException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericTransactionException: Error occurred while starting transaction. (Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

0 votes

What does the log file tell you the problem is?

Thus far, I haven’t found a log that has posted in it a response of the HTTP 500 error. Is there a specific log that this should be in?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you