Open ticket for incoming emails

Hello,

When someone emails my company (info@kikin.com) could Jira automatically open a ticket for us?

I've found a tutorial for this, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email, but when I login as an Admin, I don't see the system option. I'm wondering if my version supports this feature.

Best,

Greg
greg@kikin.com

3 answers

Which option are you missing? I have set it up yesterday, and it works great. (The link is not working, but I guess I know what you're talking about).

In case you have a really old jira, I am not of any help though, as I just got to jira.

0 votes

As Jan already mentioned we indeed need more information: Are you on OnDemand? If so you should have the option.
It could be that you are using more then only Jira (in OnDemand) then the admin panel looks a little different.
To get to the correct admin panel just choose administration panel => "jira" tab

I think we're using OnDemand, we are not hosting Jira on our servers. We login at this URL https://mykikin.jira.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

When I login, I see my name in the upper-right. I click on that and then I click on "Administration." Below is the screen I see. No options for email...

How I can see which version of Jira I have?

Thanks!

Greg

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,752 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you