Open issues only from a specific set of emails

Chiara Squilloni January 10, 2018

Hi everybody,

I have a jira project with a mail handler.

We use an internal plugin mail handler that store the "from" email addres in a custom field called "email sender".

Now I want to ad a validador that let the issue open only if the email sender is in a set of a specific email addres.

So I add a validator with a regular expression but this work only for a single email addres.

If I put in the regular expression for example only chiarasquilloni@yahoo.it the issue is opend but if I put [chiarasquilloni@yahoo.it,chiara.squilloni@gmail.com] the issue arent' opend.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advace!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chiara Squilloni January 12, 2018

I found myself a solution.

In the workflow in the transition "open" I add a validator:

ScriptRunner workflow function - Simple scripted validator (condition apply).

cfValues['Email Sender'] == 'chiara.squilloni@gmail.com' || 
cfValues['Email Sender'] == 'chiarasquilloni@yahoo.it' 
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2018

Awesome.  Thanks for letting us know!

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Chiara,

I believe the reason this is not working is because it's looking for Java Regex:

Validate field contents against a regular expression during a workflow transition.

A strictly email option would be to have your email server filter out the addresses that are allowed to create tickets and forward those to JIRA and block any other emails from being sent to JIRA.

In JIRA you may be able to only provide permissions for the users you want to open issues for that project and then use the Permission Validator to make sure it's one of those users.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer