Open default mail client from a JIRA issue

Michael Rasmussen July 8, 2014

Hi. I'm looking for a solution where I from any issue can open my default mail client with the issue ID and name in subject. Some project leaders like the option, where they can, standing on an issue, send a mail to anyone regarding this issue.

eg. on [iss-001] they need more ressources, and like to send a email for someone in upper management, who not necessary use JIRA. They would like to be able to find the issue, click a link and open Outlook with the subject ([iss-001] - <issue name>) already set.

I hope I made my question clear enough.

2 answers

0 votes
Francis Lagrange March 14, 2018

Hi there, since the last comment is kinda old, I was wondering if someone managed to find an add-on that does open the default browser from a jira issue ?

All I can do with SIL and ScriptRunner is send an e-mail with some Jira informations in it. I would like to 'simulate' the mailto html link behavior.

I did not find any add-on on my side yet.

Thanks

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2014

This would require some changes in JIRA that only using an Add-On might be possible, but as an alternative, you can use the Share Issue option (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Emailing+an+Issue) that will send a mail notification to all users that you choose and allows you to add a brief comment.

Michael Rasmussen July 10, 2014

First, thank you for your answer.

I had a look at the Share Issue option. Unfortunately that does not meet my users demand.

The Add-on option might be the way we go.. anyway, thank you for your time!

Suggest an answer