Open already closed sprints, i.e. closed sprint re-opening for adjustments?

Mats Kallmyr December 19, 2017

During our iterativ process we noticed that ewe need to have another period in the sprints.

So I would like to adjust the previous sprints that is closed, i.e. open up previous sprints to align accoring to the new way.

How do I do that?

2 answers

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

Hi Mats,

You can definitely re-open closed sprints and modify them.  There is a knowledge base article titled Reopening a sprint that should be of assistance:

Please Note: To reopen a sprint, you must be a JIRA Administrator or a user with the Manage Sprints permission.

JIRA Software lets you reopen sprints that have been previously closed. This is a handy feature when:

• You've mistakenly completed the wrong sprint.
  • You completed the correct sprint, but you completed it too early.

Moreover, sprints that are mistakenly closed, or closed too early will affect your team's velocity, as the data in these sprints will still be included in your board. Your Velocity Chart will then be reflecting inaccurate data.

Reopening a sprint

1. Navigate to your desired board.
  2. Click Reports, then select S print Report .
  3. Select the relevant sprint from the sprint drop-down.
  4. Click Reopen Sprint. The Reopen Sprint dialog will be displayed, showing you the outcome you can expect when the sprint is reopened.
  5. Click Reopen.

Note the following details that take place when a sprint is completed then reopened:

• When you complete a sprint, this event of completing the sprint will be recorded in the corresponding Sprint Report.
  • When you reopen that sprint, this event of reopening the sprint will also be recorded in the Sprint Report. However, the report will now use the new end date moving forward.
  • When the reopened sprint is completed, the last completion date will appear as the end date in the Sprint Report.

Hopefully this is what you're looking for.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Branden

Flavio Biondi May 28, 2019

Hi, we are running an instance on Prem of version 7.0.11 and cannot find a way to reopen the sprint. How can I get it?

Narasimha murthy November 4, 2020

Hello Biondi, 

this feature was introduced in later version from 7.1.0 (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-7804)

0 votes
Dan November 8, 2021

It works. 

Click on your project, tap Project Settings, again tap on Features and then select the Reports check box. And follow the steps above. 

Suggest an answer