Open a review Crucible ticket from JIRA ticket

Victor Garcia February 17, 2014

Hi all,

I am quite novice to this world, so first of all, excuse me if the question is quite straightforward or even if it has been asked+answerd before. I have searched for it but nothing seemed to me the same issue I am facing.

Here we have JIRA from quite a time already and we have started to use Crucible and Fisheye not so long ago. The integration is not working as expected.

From Crucible environment, I can open a review and use a JIRA ticket as reference. Then the code is shown and the review can be performed. Everything seems to be working fine here.

But I want to be able to open the Crucible review ticket from within the JIRA ticket. I know it can be done from the Source tab, but when I click there I get "No related commits found." message. Obviously, there are commits and they can be seen in the "Subversion commits" tab.

So, which may be the cause leading to this "No related commits found" in the Source tab in the JIRA ticket?

Thanks

Victor

2 answers

1 vote
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2014

Hi Victor,

the commit message you specified should work correctly. Are the application links set up between the two applications? What authentication method are they using - you probably want OAuth set up. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APPLINKS/Quick+Start%3A+Application+Linksfor more information on setting up application links (you don't need to do the 'Link a JIRA project with a FishEye repository' step any more).

If you still have problems setting up the integration, do raise up a ticket on https://support.atlassian.com/so we can investigate further.

Victor Garcia February 20, 2014

Thanks a lot for your help! I will check that up and open the ticket if needed.

Victor Garcia March 3, 2014

By the way, it is still not working. I will raise a ticket to support and will answer myself the question once the solution is available.

1 vote
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2014

Hi Victor,

Try including JIRA issue key in your commit messages, e.g. when working on PROJ-34 issue, remember to include PROJ-34 issue key in the commit message. For example

git commit -m 'PROJ-34 fixed something'

(replace git with hg, svn, cvs or whatever SCM you are using).

Fisheye would be able to link that commits to the JIRA issue and you would see those commits on the source tab.

Hope that helps,

Piotr

Victor Garcia February 19, 2014

Thanks for your answer Piotr. The fact is that I actually am already including the JIRA ticket reference into the commit message. I am using subversion, just for reference.

The commit message is having this format:

[PROJ-34] My fix here

So far, using the [] has not given me any issues. May that be the cause?

Suggest an answer