Only receiving emails for comments, not issue updates

Matthew Dutton December 22, 2016

Users are not receiving emails for events except for comments. When I transition an issue, no users (including those watching the issue) receive an email.

• I can send test emails successfully.
  • When a user creates an issue through the ServiceDesk portal, they receive a confirmation email that the issue was created.
  • Users receive emails when someone comments on a ticket that they are watching.
  • When I transition an issue, no users (including those watching the issue) receive an email.
  • I've checked the Notification Helper and it indicates that the user should receive a notification for "Generic Event" and "Issue Updated" events.
  • The Notification Scheme (default) lists "All Watchers" for for all events
  • I'm using two users and have verified that "My Changes" is set to "Notify Me".

Any suggestions on how to debug this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2016

What events are being fired by the workflow transitions?

Matthew Dutton December 22, 2016

They were set to "Generic Event" by default and didn't work like that. I changed one transition to "Issue Updated" and pushed an issue through that transition and that didn't work either.

If I transition an issue and put a comment in for the transition, I will get an email with the comment (but not details of the transition). But if I omit any comment, I get no emails.

Suggest an answer