Only display custom fields in a tab not in Details

Karen Clark October 16, 2012

Using Stand alone JIRA 5.0.7.

I have some custom fields that contain data read from a remote system. I do not want these fields to show up in the main view of the ticket (a.k.a. Details). I want the contents to show in a tab.

I have added the tab and indicated these fields should be shown there, but when I navigate to the Issue view using that Screen, the custom fields show in-line with the Details.

If this is a limitation of Screen tabs, can you suggest a way to separate the data into another location to prevent it from cluttering the main view?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Hi Karen,

As long as your have your screen schemes and issue type screen schemes setup properly, the fields will show up in the tab you want it to be displayed in.

Try following this and see if it helps.

1. Find the issue type screen scheme your project is using and locate the screen scheme for the issue type in which you want to display the fields in a tab

2. Now go to screen schemes and locate the screen scheme you identified in step 1 and make sure that the screen for "View Issue" has the tabs that you want it to be displayed in.

Karen Clark October 17, 2012

Thanks! I knew there was some combination of things I wasn't trying. :-)

Suggest an answer