Only 20 out of 22 groups displayed- JIRA

Yugank Bhatnagar January 25, 2018

My total groups in JIRA are 22 and the drop down for groups across application shows only 20 results. It it a defect in JIRA?

Also I tried typing in the Group Name but it does not appear. But When I navigate to User Managment, the group exists and displayed.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2018

On the pop-up the group picker presents, look to the right, there should be a "show number of groups" drop down.  The default value is 20.

Hi Can you send me a screenshot, for some reason I can't view it. Thanks for the response

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2018

Yup

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 14.58.13.png

Hi Thanks for the reply. But it didn't help me here,

I am trying to grant permission to a group under Permission Schemes Page.

Example Browse Projects->Click Edit->Select Groups

I cant view the group picker

GroupIssue.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2018

Ah, I didn't see that.

Yes, it limits it to 20 elements.  But starting to type the name of the group should limit the list to matching entries.  IS that not happening?  What do you get?

I tried to type the exact name but it shows no matches, I am not sure if this is a issue with the current version of JIRA: version I am using is 

• Atlassian JIRA (v7.7.0)

Are you able to search by typing the name.

Thanks

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Does your account have the global permission Browse Users?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2018

Please don't type "exact name", please do what I asked - start typing.

Helpdesk Metabo March 8, 2018

Any solution here?

I have the same issue "Only 20 out of 24 groups displayed- Jira"

I start typing the group name, but without success. :-(

Regards

Rainer

Helpdesk Metabo March 8, 2018

Nic, you're right!

Just start typing the group name in the field (case sensitive) and it works fine.

Thanks!

Regards

Rainer

Suggest an answer