One windows server, Two instances of jira software

Deleted user December 27, 2017

As JIRA installation combining the tomcat part, I wonder -

is there any best practice case for a windows server providing more than one jira instances ?

Any license issue involved ? 

can these jira instances managed separately on the same server without  impact onto each other ? 

Thank you for your input during holiday season :-) 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

Yes, you can run several Jira systems on a single server.

However, I am worried about your mention of "combining the tomcat part" - do NOT try to run more than one Atlassian application in a single Tomcat.  It's not just unsupported, it goes horribly wrong.

For two Jira systems on one server, run two Tomcats,  with separate data directories, separate databases, and on different ports.

You'll need to ensure your server has the resources to run both of them separately.

Deleted user December 28, 2017

thank you.  I will. 

Sunny QA July 4, 2018

the windows installation wizard will install Tomcat separately ?  if we add one more instance on this same windows server where jira is running ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2018

Yes, it'll install separately.  You'll need to bear in mind the last two paragraphs in my answer.

Sunny QA July 4, 2018

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events