One user unable to rank issues in Greenhopper Planning board

Kevin VanderLugt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

Hi,

I have one user on our system that is unable to rank any issues in Greenhopper planning board. Others users with the same permissions in the project roles are able to rank issues, however when this user goes to rank the card will move but not persist.

Does anyone have any pointers on where to look? It happens in FF, Chrome and IE.

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin VanderLugt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

Turns out that I was told incorrect information. Only system admins and project developers were able to rank issues.

This was because they were the only groups that were added to the schedule issues permission.

Schedule Issues

Ability to set or edit an issue's due date.
I am still a bit unclear on why Schedule issues would be the permissions to Rank an issue in greenhopper? Would be interested in hearing from Atlassian if this is expected? It doesn't seem that way according to documentation.

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

It is expected. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it though!

0 votes
Kevin VanderLugt
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

One other piece of information that might be useful.

If the user goes into a JIRA ticket and clicks "Rank to Top" under more actions, no history is added and the card does not move in rank.

0 votes
Kevin VanderLugt
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

Sorry, I should have added that....

We are using Classic on Jira 4.4.5 and GH 5.8.7

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

Are you using the "Classic" Planning Board or the planning segment of the newer Rapid Board?

Suggest an answer