One user out of 1130 is not synchronized

Dieter Scheruga April 9, 2015

One user out of 1130 users is not synchronized from MS Active Directory.

How can I find out why.

I have checked everything in AD (Groups, user is activateded, etc. etc.)

Can I turn on an exta logging to find the reason why 1 out of 1130 user is not synchronized to Jira.

Thanks

Dieter

1 answer

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2015

I'd recommend comparing the one user failing to synchronize against a user that does synchronize to try to find any differences. Generating LDIFs of the user object may be helpful to do this: http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/555636

You can also set the com.atlassian.crowd.directory.SpringLDAPConnector to DEBUG in JIRA's logging and profiling interface, then run a manual synchronization - this should cause a verbose output in the JIRA-HOME/log/catalina.out log files for the directory sync and may provide some clarify on the problem.

Dieter Scheruga April 12, 2015

Thanks for your hint, but the extra logging doesn't show a problem. What is of interest, is this line where alway 1 user is deleted after sync. 2015-04-13 10:48:22,219 atlassian-scheduler-quartz1.clustered_Worker-1 INFO ServiceRunner [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteChangeOperations] deleted [ 1 ] users in [ 19ms ] Maybe that's this user. But how to find out why this user is deleted after sync.? BR Dieter

Suggest an answer